Come work with StoryFit and let us be part of your story.
Are you a behavioral or social scientist who loves designing studies to identify behavioral insights with actionable applications. Are you fascinated by stories and how to personalize content for a variety of audiences?
StoryFit is the world’s leader in machine learning and AI for the Media and Entertainment Industry. If you’re someone who can’t wait to binge the latest TV series or catch the latest movie release and is knowledgeable in understanding and identifying their audiences – this is the job for you! We’re looking for an exceptional behavioral or social scientist to help our studio clients better connect their stories to audiences.
We’re Looking For someone who can:
- Structure and design audience and consumer insights experiments and studies
- Discover and leverage novel public data sources, deploy new behavioral data science methods and tools, and synthesize qualitative and data-enabled research processes
- Clean, analyze, and make sense of large, complex AI-driven data sets
- Humanize data for those without deep quantitative experience
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables and presentations
- Develop new and novel research approaches to quantifying the elements of story-telling and audience judgements of those elements.
- Work with our product and data science teams to craft experiments and test hypotheses
- Utilize excellent communication skills to clearly distill the essence of your technical work to audiences of all levels and across multiple functional areas.
- Develop deep product intuition to influence future product roadmaps
Ideal Candidate Will Bring:
- Strong background in human behavior, statistics and data analysis
- PhD, Masters or equivalent experience in a field that uses analytics to understand human behavior
- At least five years of experience as a hands-on researcher
- Extensive knowledge of statistics and analytical concepts and experienced in joining together large, disparate datasets
- Research design skills including experience with A/B Testing, survey, and experimental design
- Research statistics (analysis of variance, regression, etc.)
- Measurement theory & design (reliability analyses, exploratory & confirmatory factor analyses, questionnaire design)
- Expertise in social-science theories, personality theory, media & entertainment theory.
- Superior creativity and passion for what you do
- Organized, self-directed, efficient management of complex projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work seamlessly as a key team member on cross-functional product teams, from designers and analysts to data scientists and engineers.
- Proven ability to translate data into compelling and easy-to-understand insights, stories, and narratives that resonate with a non-technical audience `
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong SQL skills with ability to do deeper analyses using R, Python, or Stata
- Machine-learning expertise (neural networks, natural language processing)
Director of Media & Audience Research.
Have you worked for a studio, network, or marketing research company and have a deep understanding of audience data? Do you love spinning data into great stories that you present to clients? Do you enjoy building your research into client-facing reports?
StoryFit is the world’s leader in machine learning and AI for the Media and Entertainment Industry. If you’re someone who can’t wait to binge the latest TV series or catch the latest movie release and is knowledgeable in understanding and identifying their audiences – this is the job for you! We’re looking for an exceptional consumer insights expert to help our studio clients better connect their stories to audiences.
StoryFit’s Director of Research will organize and integrate the data results from StoryFit analytics and oversee its organization and presentation to clients. This requires expert knowledge on consumer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits.
We’re Looking For someone who can:
- Lead and manage research projects from ideation to execution
- Analyze data on audiences, story, and market conditions and deliver actionable insights tailored to content creators
- Measure the effectiveness of comp marketing programs and strategies
- Identify and incorporate appropriate third party marketing data sources and create cohesive narratives across findings
- Convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports
- Prepare reports and present results to clients and management
- Collect effective feedback from clients to improve the quality of our products and services
- Manage a growing team of analysts
- Oversee end-to-end product deliverables to clients
- Presenting insights reports to senior media & entertainment executives and ensuring customer success
- Lead report and materials creation, including analysis of research results and contextual interpretation of results using visual analytics
- Analysis of quantitative and qualitative research
Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have at least 5+ years of experience in entertainment quantitative and qualitative market research and have a passion for movies and TV
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher in the social sciences, economics, business, marketing, or statistics, or related disciplines
- Be a strong communicator and poised presenter
- Have strong project management with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment of tight deadlines and be adept at managing multiple priorities
- Be skilled with extracting insights from raw data and visually bring those insights to life in creative ways.
- Be adept at creative data visualization and reporting skills to develop reports that always impress colleagues and clients
- Be a creative thinker and a proactive problem solver
- Proficient in Microsoft, Google, and Keynote
- Studio experience is a plus
- Experience with advanced statistical analysis (regression, cluster analysis, etc.)
- Some experience with TV, web, video, social analytics tools (Nielsen, comScore,
- Social Analytics tools) a plus, but not required
This 2022 winter internship program will focus on understanding the basic elements of stories and how those elements relate to story form, audience response, and appropriate measurement techniques. We’ll measurably enhance the reliability of our current story-elements-inference algorithm by iterating on our current approach by rating story elements (i.e. emotional intensity, thought-provoking, etc) of popular film and television titles.
Whether you are a future filmmaker, an observer of humanity, or just love the idea of using data science to answer big questions, we encourage you to apply to the winter internship. Non-technical backgrounds are equally welcome to apply!
The project offers the following experiences for accepted applicants:
- Learn about the entertainment industry through readings and guided discussion with former entertainment executives
- Help conceptualize and evaluate web-based ratings tools StoryFit builds in house
- Option to help execute studies, optimize our efforts via project management
StoryFit interns will be rating familiar film and television titles along with:
- Providing ground truth ratings of stories (data annotation) and feedback for scalable version of story-elements system
- Extracting relevant story data from our corpus of scripts
- Directly enhancing StoryFit’s client experience
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Winter Internship 2021 – [Your Name] by November 30th. Attached, please include:
- Resume (your name in the document title)
- 200-300 words answering the following question:
- Why do differences exist between people’s entertainment preferences? That is, why can the same story be appealing to some people and unappealing to others (Make sure to provide reasons, evidence, and examples to support your response to that question)
- Interest in media/entertainment industry
- Attention to detail
- Good communication & responsiveness to feedback
- Time management & adherence to project deadlines
- This is an unpaid internship. Indicate whether you need school credit for participation.
- International (non-U.S.) applicants are encouraged to apply
- Internship launch date: Tuesday, December 7th
- Internship end date: Mid January
- Weekly Zoom meetings on Tuesdays (time TBD)
- Other than meetings, you’ll work within your own schedule between 10-20 hrs per week.
- General office software and communication skills, along with a passion for analytical thinking are a must. Bonus if you are really into stories!
- All interested parties are encouraged to apply regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.