StoryFit applies NLP & AI to narrative content (books & screenplays) to provide insights to the entertainment industry.
Are you a strong Python developer that would like to learn more about machine learning and gain great experience managing enormous data resources? StoryFit is the world’s leading platform for machine reading of books, movie and TV scripts. We’re looking for an exceptional developer to design, implement and maintain our data collection pipelines, keep our database clean and organized, and assist our data scientists with collecting data from a wide variety of sources.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic group of creative and professional individuals destined to change the face of the entertainment industry. We are a lean startup team combining the disciplines of data science and media expertise in the tech-savvy community of Austin, Texas.
If you enjoy peering into the future and shaping its outcome, then you’re just who we’re looking for. (Preference is given to Austin-based candidates.)
- Expand existing software to meet the changing needs of our users
- Develop new software/products from the ground up, staying true to our company’s core values and needs while lending your own creativity to the mix
- Focus on creating fault-tolerant programming
- Create scalable, automated solutions for our users
- Establish multi-platform versions of the software package
- Write tests for existing and created code to ensure compatibility and stability
- Bachelor’s Degree in operations research, applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, physics or a related quantitative discipline. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience
- Strong skills with Python, SQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience with collecting data using web tools and third parties
- Management of large databases
- Ability to work well with a team