Financial Planning Analyst
Posted: February 21, 2023
StoryFit is looking for an FP&A Analyst to work closely with the COO and the Company’s outside accounting firm, as well as collaborate across all departments to lead financial modeling, planning, analytics and reporting for the entire Company. This position will be responsible for the organization and management of key financial information that supports analytical and strategic planning, as well as defining new processes to support a growing company. The ideal candidate will exhibit outstanding analytical abilities, critical thinking, a steadfast and intellectual curiosity, as well as exceptional interpersonal skills.
Storyfit is the leader in machine learning and AI for the Media and Entertainment Industry. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic group of creative and professional individuals destined to change the face of the entertainment industry. We are a growth-stage startup combining the disciplines of data science and media expertise in the tech-savvy community of Austin, Texas.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of FP&A experience in technology or software development or similar
- BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, or other related discipline.
- CPA or CFA a plus
- An excellent Excel skill set.
- Experience with Accounting or FP&A software platforms – Mosaic preferred
- Strong analytical, financial, quantitative, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to prepare, present, and communicate to team and management analyses in a concise and understandable manner.
- Pro-active focus on the accuracy of information.
- Works independently and has strong project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while working to meet assigned deadlines.
- Start-up experience a plus
On a Daily Basis:
- Management of detailed financial, operational, sales, and engineering metric-driven data utilized to drive budgets/forecasts and other planning analyses for current and future Company lines of business and key initiatives.
- Lead real-time financial performance monitoring
- Set and track KPIs and business drivers for relevant lines of business and internal departments to support internal/external reporting and address complex business issues.
- Act as a key liaison between an outside accounting firm and Operations & Finance to ensure the accurate flow of information into FP&A systems.
- Create variance analysis reports and financial models
- Present detailed monthly financial reports and escalate financial issues to the executive team
- Completes market research and comparable company analysis
- Build and innovate presentations to the Board and Executive team.
- Support Operations in driving the development of new company-wide processes and procedures