StoryFit for Publishers
AI for better books and stronger sales. We’re with you the entire way.
Acquisition | Production | Marketing | Sales
With StoryFit, you get all the data about a book, from subject matter and keywords to marketing insights and audience analysis before you acquire or set the budget.
- “I’m looking for something specific, but I can’t go back and read hundreds of abandoned manuscripts.”
- “I don’t have good oversight into this book’s potential.”
- “I need better books. Faster.”
- “The budget is tight and I can’t afford to buy the wrong manuscript.”
You need reliable data to support big-cost decisions, from cover choices to print runs.
- “I need to understand the book before I choose a cover, but I can’t read all of these.”
- “Most buyers only look at a cover for 8 seconds before they decide to pick it up; this design needs to grab them instantly.”
- “How do I estimate the print runs if I’m not sure of the audience size?”
- “Those edits keep getting pushed back; I wish acquisitions had a better sense of revision time before sending it to us.”
Digital marketing is critical: more books are published every year, and 43% are sold online.
Review the potential of each book in new audience segments and receive detailed comp analysis.
- “Acquisitions paid a ton for this book, so that’s where the budget is going.”
- “We keep marketing to the same audience segment, but I’m sure this could have broader appeal.”
- “We only develop strong description and keywords for a small percentage of the books we publish.”
- “How can I be sure I have the right comp when I haven’t read every book out there?”
Metadata matters; it shouldn’t be done and forgotten. Tracking everything from keywords to conversion is crucial to success.
- “I see a trend, but can’t implement it across our frontlist quickly enough.”
- “I want to know which trend might apply to this particular title.”
- “I need better comps for my sales calls--and more than just our list.”
- “Which backlist titles have more life in them?”
“Machine learning and AI are positively impacting many industries and we are excited about the new products and solutions we are bringing to publishers.”
Thomas J. Quinlan III, Chairman and CEO of LSC
We work with Industry Leader LSC Communications to deliver our technology directly into their LibreDigital platform so that they can handle the logistics of delivering the metadata directly to distributors.
Smart. Easy. Fast.
StoryFit’s market insights are delivered in an easy-to-read report covering audience, editorial, and market insights with the context you need to instantly inform and add fire to your creative decision-making.
Completely cloud-based, the StoryFit platform means you get powerful market insights and actionable data without installing software or spending valuable time on-boarding.
StoryFit AI can learn and adapt to its environment; by listening to your business problems, and analyzing your specific data—be it customer profiles, sales history, web behavior, and more. — StoryFit can tailor a solution just for you.
Every market report is viewable in one intuitive, informative web-based platform.
“The StoryFit market reports are like roadmaps for my editors. It spurs conversations between editorial and marketing earlier in the process and gets them thinking of new ways to reach our readers.”
– Dayna Anderson, Publisher, Amberjack Publishing
A Publisher’s Dream
Once a manuscript is uploaded, StoryFit works its magic and delivers supportive research, analysis, and explanation of its findings, saving countless hours creating reader personas, defining ad parameters, writing keywords. The analysis also speeds up editorial conversations, helps identify new opportunities, and adaptation possibilities.
Our AI reports and keywords guarantee:
- Marketers and Production managers have instant access to high-performance keywords as soon as there is a manuscript to speak of.
- Leverage AI to craft keywords and other metadata that improve discoverability and sales across all your content.
- Improve existing metadata. Snap your fingers and ensure your entire catalog has the right metadata. Peace of mind for publishers.
- AI means serious scalability: get keywords for your entire backlist in minutes.
Better Comp Titles
- Sales professionals get more ways to sell to their accounts with powerful comp titles based on character, setting, and more
- Upsell backlist titles with product pairings across mediums.
- Comps created from audience perception and emotional presence means you editors can acquire books with legs and go beyond chasing trends.
- Armed with more detailed information about each comp, marketers can craft messaging that edges competitors or invokes a classic favorite.
Super-charged Audience Targeting
- Marketers gain an instant understanding of each title’s target audience and tactics for the best way to reach them.
- With accessibility scores and reading indexes, book club and school marketing moves faster.
- Personality notes of your book’s ideal reader and emotional perception details of the text tell you not just who will love the book but why they will love it.
- Target your ads on Facebook and Google AdWords based on more than just what they have posted they’ve read, but how they shop and likely personal tendencies.
- Location-based analysis of the story can help you target your ads beyond author appearances.
- Digital Merchandisers can anticipate searches with experiential, genuine, and intuitive keywords that are continuously optimized based on real-time sales performance and market shifts.
- Position yourself as the tastemaker you are and transform your consumer marketing into digital hand-selling with the confidence of high-quality comps.
- Feed insights into your Facebook Messenger or other favorite Chatbot to deliver high quality, genuine recommendations directly to your customer.
Discover StoryFit Today
Want to see how StoryFit works? We’d love to walk you through a demo so you can experience our AI in action.